“WISTA Creates Better Coworkers”
June 3, 2020
At the AGM of WISTA Sweden, held online on May 7, a new board of directors was elected. The board includes several new faces and the re-elected President Karolina Kjellgren, who now commences her second term of two years.
The current board of directors consists of the following members:
- President – Karolina Kjellgren, Vice President Trade Team Oceania, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean
- Vice President – Cecilia Österman, Reseracher, Linnaeus University/Owner, Comfortably Safe AB
- Secretary – Andrea Jällbrink, Associate, Setterwalls
- Treasurer – Kerstin Hansdotter, Deputy Director Business Department, Swedish Maritime Authority
- Programme – Sofia Fürstenberg Stott, Owner & Chief Advisor, Fürstenberg Maritime Advisory
- Programme Support – Cajsa Jersler Fransson, Innovation Coordinator & Diversity Coordinator, Swedish Maritime Authority
- Communications – Anna Janson, Editor, Swedish Shipping Gazette
- Members – Carolina Ulff, Shipbroker, Thore Ulff Shipping
- Substitute – Linda Svenson, Deck Officer, Viking Supply Ships Management AB/Icebreaker Atle
- Substitute – Rebecca Dahlén, Head of Communications & PR, the Swedish Maritime Forum
“First and foremost, I am very honoured to be elected President once again. I feel I have more to contribute. I also think we have a good momentum in the association now, we have really settled in standing up for equality in our maritime cluster”, says President Karolina Kjellgren to explain why she chose to run for re-election.
What are your ambitions as President of WISTA Sweden?
“I have two main points to pursue: One is that we shall continue being strongly active in #Fair Winds*, where WISTA has a role to play in working for equal opportunities and making the women of the industry more visible. The other is to continue strengthening ourselves by networking, exchanging our knowledge and experiences.”
“WISTA creates better coworkers, by giving us greater knowledge as well as greater opportunities to make business through a global network.”
The plan for activities during the coming year focuses on a greater exchange of knowledge in the association and continued contribution to #Fair Winds, where the ambition is to act as a neutral party, urging the process on to achieve real change.
Due to covid-19 restrictions, the spring conference – which is usually held in conjunction with the AGM – was cancelled. Instead, there will be an extra national gathering by the end of the year, the theme of which will be the significance of networking during crises.
WISTA Sweden has about 115 members.
*Swedish maritime industry cooperation for a harassment-free work environment