WISTA International is proud to work with a number of international organizations to research, publish and produce information on the shipping industry. A list of our projects is below:
Diversity and Inclusion Pledge
I pledge to:
“Embrace diversity of thought (including gender, race, ethnicity, and age), and contribute to a merit-based business environment within my organisation. I will be a champion of equal opportunity and equal pay. My behaviour will reflect how I wish our industry to behave in the future. I will work – and encourage others to work – toward a diverse and inclusive maritime sector.”
Furthermore, I commit to:
- Examine everythingI know about this industry and consider how we can all work together to improve it in the future.
- Embrace diversityand not contribute to gender, race, ethnicity, and age stereotypes.
- Evaluate each candidate fairlybased on his or her performance and experience when making hiring or promotion decisions, and not disregard any employee’s input based on his or her gender, age, or other perceived difference
- Be gender neutralwhile evaluating my team members’ job content and performance.
- Pay men and women the samefor the same job.
- Encourage our employees to confront their implicit biasand also re-examine my own.
- Hire women when they are the best candidateswith the right background and experience to not only do the job well but also bring a new perspective and diversity of thought to my organisation.
- Encourage panels at conferences and seminars that have a proportional representation of womenand help find qualified women to participate on those panels.
Gender Diversity Manual
Click the image below or here to download the Gender Diversity Manual – produced in conjunction with Anglo-Eastern and ISWAN .