WISTA INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEES
The Executive Committee, ExCo, may appoint and delegate to standing and ad-hoc committees such portions of its work, as it seems suitable. All such committees shall report to the Executive Committee.
Announced in January 2018, the WISTA Diversity Committee is comprised of WISTA members from around the world working together to develop resources and recommendations for increasing gender diversity and inclusion in the shipping industry.
The Committee mandate, as provided by ExCo is:
- Create recommendations and guidelines for increasing the capacity of women in the industry by promoting diversity, inclusion, and open-mindedness.
- Write a pledge to challenge the maritime community to advance diversity and inclusion in the industry. This pledge should outline a limited number of specific actions that companies, individuals, and leaders in our industry can take to enhance diversity, such as pledging to only participate on panels with diversity at conferences, etc…
- Recommend actions to the ExCo and membership on a forward strategy for increasing diversity and inclusion in our industry.
- Build a robust list of resources, including training, online workshops, kits, materials, etc…for the WISTA website for members and the general public to use related to diversity and sexual harassment/assault in the workplace.
Diversity Committee Members:
Lucrecia De Boutaud Bernal (WISTA Argentina), Tami Ray (WISTA Bermuda), Nanalie Cover (WISTA Cayman Islands), Beatrice Witvoet (WISTA France), Fabiana Simões Martins (WISTA Brazil), Agatha Savvidou (WISTA Cyprus), Sylvia Asana Dauda Owu (WISTA Ghana), Katerina Konsta (WISTA Greece), Preetika Mehrotra (WISTA Hong Kong), Tiziana Murgia (WISTA Italy), Yulia Kashina (WISTA Russia), Maryana Yarmolenko (WISTA Switzerland), Sarah Brennan (WISTA USA), Cecilia Osterman (WISTA Sweden & HR Committee Representative)
Executive Committee Representatives:
Fabiana Simões Martins & Sanjam Gupta
FUTURES & TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
At WISTA we are proud to showcase that women in our industry can be at the forefront of thought leadership. With this in mind, the WISTA International has formed Futures and Technology Committee to coordinate research and dialogue on the social, technological, economic, environmental and political trends that are shaping the future of our industry and the emerging disruptive technologies that will inevitably impact the maritime, trading and logistics sectors.
Futures and Technology Committee Members:
Viviana Fonseca (WISTA Argentina), Karina Boudjema (WISTA Australia), Cheryl Hayward-Chew (WISTA Bermuda), Lusiana Suman (WISTA Brazil), Elisabeth Charmley (WISTA Canada), Natalia Bury Loyal (WISTA Cyprus), Katharina Renken (WISTA Germany), Rekia Gberbie (WISTA Ghana), Alexandra Souccar (WISTA Hellas), Liji Nowal (WISTA India), Katia Corfini (WISTA Italy), Federica Maiorano (WISTA Monaco), Marjolein van Noort (WISTA the Netherlands), Anna Akpan (WISTA Nigeria), Birgit Liodden (WISTA Norway), Mariela Gutarra (WISTA Peru), Svetlana Maydanova (WISTA Russia), Liow Chung Jia (Elaine) (WISTA Singapore), Sofia Furstenberg Stott (WISTA Sweden), Stephanie Grech (WISTA Switzerland), Hayley van Leeuwen (WISTA UK) and Amiee Cords (WISTA USA)
Executive Committee Representative: Alexandra Anagnostis
The Committee has decided to focus on the following topics;
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Data, Digital Twinning and Industry 4.0
- Disruptive technologies (e.g. 3-D Printing, AVs, Drones, etc)
- Socio-economic and geopolitical trends
- Genetic engineering and artificial bio-trends
- Alternative Fuels
The Human Resources (HR) Committee is responsible for the ICS – WISTA Scholarships process, i.e. selecting the scholarship recipients, coordinating with the National WISTA Associations (NWAs) and providing guidance and support to the students until their final exams. You can read more about the scholarship programme here: ICS – WISTA Scholarships
The HR Committee is also responsible for carrying out the Membership Survey, whereby the membership composition of WISTA International is analyzed every three years.
HR Committee Members:
Janine Vils – WISTA Germany
Helen Joannou – WISTA Cyprus
Cecilia Osterman – WISTA Sweden
Macaria Romo Cuevas – WISTA Mexico
Paola Ferreira – WISTA Chile
Yessenia Padilla – WISTA Panama
Ximena Valenzuela – WISTA Peru
Danae Bezantakou – WISTA Hellas
Naa Densua Aryeetey – WISTA Ghana – ExCo Representative