1st Academic conference FAIR TRANSPORT and GENDER, 9 May 2020
May 9, 2020
Dear Maritime community,
This is the YouTube link of the video recording for FAIR TRANSPORT AND GENDER online academic conference from 9 May 2020
1st academic conference on the implication of FAIR TRANSPORT social movement on the markets.
Hosted by: Dr. Cristina Dragomir, Lecturer, Constanta Maritime University, WISTA Romania Secretary-General
„Fair Transport and Gender” international conference was organized online by Constanta Maritime University, Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA Romania) and the European Centre of Social Responsibility (CERS), on the 9th of May 2020 [ Fair Trade day], hours 9.00-11.30 (GMT+2).
Fair Transport is a social movement whose aim is to highlight the necessity of promoting: equitable employment, decent work conditions, environmental protection, quality services of transport. There are, currently, International Transport Workers Federation (ITF) and European Transport Workers’ Federation (ETF) ongoing campaigns dealing with such movement.
The participants to the Conference were from academia, transport industry, ITF, WISTA, CERS and other related businesses. The event contained scientific presentations and a public debate on the implication of Fair Transport on the markets.
Scientific papers of the Conference will be published in Technium: Romanian Journal of Applied Sciences and Technology (ISSN: 2668-778X), indexed in DOAJ, ROAD, RePEc, DRJI, EZ3, Ulrich’s and Index Copernicus and on the site: www.techniumscience.com.
- Opening Speech of Ms. Despina Panayiotou THEODOSIOU, President of the Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA International), co-CEO of Tototheo Maritime
- Opening Speech of Ms. Mihaela SCRIECIU, President of WISTA Romania, CEO of Shipcare Services
1. EVOLUTION & PERSPECTIVE FOR WORLD SEABORNE TRADE – Dr. Ionut Cristian SCURTU, Romeo Bosneagu, Sergiu Lupu, Dumitru Corduneanu (“Mircea cel Batran” Naval Academy, Constanta, Romania)
2. FAIR TRANSPORT – A NEW SOCIAL MOVEMENT? – Dr. Cristina DRAGOMIR (Lecturer, Constanta Maritime University, Romania), Nihan ?enbursa (Lecturer Dr., Ordu University, Turkey)
3. ILO’s DECENT WORK AGENDA – Ovidiu JURCA, Former Senior Specialist in Workers’ Activities, (ILO DWT/CO – Budapest)
4. ITF FLAGS OF CONVENIENCE (FOC) CAMPAIGN – Hamani AMADOU, International Transport Workers Federation Inspector (ITF Germany)
5. WOMEN PARTICIPATION IN SHIPPING – Dr. Codruta MARE (Assoc. Prof., Babes-Bolyai University, Romania)
6. 2019 SURVEY ON GENDER EQUALITY IN INDIAN MARITIME INDUSTRY – Sanjam Sahi GUPTA, Founder Maritime SheEO and Director Sitara Shipping Ltd (India)
7. CAN COACHING MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN GENDER BALANCE? – Alexandra BADITA, Self-Esteem Coaching/ Author/ International Speaker, Regional Director Global Woman Club Bucharest (Romania)
„Would you boycott products delivered by unfair transport companies?”
- Dr. Maria PROGOULAKI, Senior Consultant and Representative of Green- Jakobsen A/S, maritime advisors in human performance, safety behaviour and leadership, and Lecturer at The American College of Greece, ALBA Graduate Business School
- Adrian MIHALCIOIU, ITF Inspector, Romania
- Ayse Asli BASAK, Ship captain, Shefarers Mentorship Platform
- Sanjam Sahi GUPTA, Founder Maritime SheEO and Director Sitara Shipping Ltd (India)
- Hamani AMADOU, ITF Inspector, Germany