Empowering Women in the Maritime Community discussion, IMO London
May 1, 2019
ICS, BIMCO, INTERTANKO and WISTA, with the support of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), have the pleasure of inviting you to a special event on this year’s World Maritime Day theme of “Empowering Women in the Maritime Community”, taking place at IMO Headquarters in London.
The event will be held from 17:30-18:30 on Wednesday, 1 May 2019 (during the week of HTW 6), and will be followed by a reception and networking opportunity. It will consist of a panel discussion, moderated by Mr Guy Platten (Secretary General of ICS), and feature five senior panellists from the maritime community.
- Ms. Sakura Kuma (Executive Director, Port of Yokohama)
- Ms. Fran Collins (Chief Executive Officer, Red Funnel Group)
- Ms. Katy Ware (Director, Maritime Safety and Standards, UK Maritime Coastguard Agency)
- Ms. Despina Theodossiou (Chief Executive Officer, Tototheo Maritime and President, WISTA International)
- Ms. Kathi Stanzel (Managing Director, INTERTANKO).
Each of the speakers will give a brief personal insight into the questions below, followed by an informal dialogue around question 3 to identify any items or recommendations for the industry.
1) How did you get to where you are?
2) What or who empowered you to get there?
3) What system/process/activity or opportunity would have made your path easier/better/more enjoyable?
Should you wish to attend, please let us know. At this moment in time we have no information on possible streaming but will keep you posted.