IMO & WISTA LEADERSHIP ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
IMO and WISTA International (WISTA) signed an MoU on 27 Jan 2020, agreeing to work together to explore and, where feasible, develop specific areas of cooperation in accordance with their organizational and programmatic objectives.
IMO and WISTA further agreed to work together to:
- Look for opportunities to partner on maritime issues; this may include organizing workshops or speaking on panels at annual conferences or other events of the Parties and will endeavour to make panels diverse.
- Promote greater engagement for women in maritime, among their members, the broader ocean business community, ocean stakeholders and the public.
- Develop and participate in relevant training, workshops, among other business related to their areas of mutual interest.
- Support implementation of Assembly Resolution A.1147(31) on Preserving the legacy of the World Maritime theme for 2019 and Achieving a Barrier-Free Working Environment for Women in the Maritime Sector.
One area of collaboration that satisfies the goals of this MoU is a leadership accelerator program. In Maritime, as with other sectors, the higher you climb the fewer women leaders you see in leadership positions. We need more women leaders, more role models, and more importantly – our industry needs more capable women in the Captain’s seat.
WISTA and the IMO will be working with the Maritime SheEO to deliver a leadership accelerator program to members of Women in Maritime Associations and National WISTA Associations.
The Maritime SheEO leadership accelerator program was specially curated and designed with the objective to
- Offer management knowledge and skills to help women in the maritime industry move to leadership roles.
- Enable women to become part of an active and trustworthy network of female executives who support and inspire each other along their leadership journey.
This program aims to equip women with the right skills to enable them to rise to leadership positions. The industry needs more women leaders, and this will also help create more role models and pave the way for more women to enter and aspire to apply for Board positions.
We are pleased to call for applications to this program.
WIMA and WISTA members can apply directly using the below link:
The deadline for applications is 28 February 2022.
Click below to see more:
- Criteria selection for selection – Maritime SheEO Leadership Accelerator Programme
- Maritime SheEO Leadership Accelerator