Employment Opportunity – The Standard Club
October 7, 2021
Claims Executive – MSUKI International, New York office
The Standard Club Ltd is a specialist marine and energy insurer and a member of the International Group of Protection and Indemnity clubs, owned by its shipowner members and controlled by a board of directors drawn from its membership. We have offices in London, Dublin, Greece, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York, Bermuda and Tokyo.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our New York office for a Claims Executive to handle P&I and defence Claims on behalf of members in our International Division.
Your key responsibilities will include:-
- Verifying that the risk/claim is covered under the Member’s entry within the Club
- Settling third party P&I claims at the most economic figure possible, in accordance with the Rules and the Member’s Terms of Entry
- Handling defence disputes
- Appointing lawyers, surveyors, consultants and correspondents to receive and evaluate critically advice received
- Liaising directly with Members in respect of all stages of the claim
The successful candidate will preferably have:
Previous shipping law experience
Juris Doctor or international equivalent preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organisation, administration and prioritisation skills
- Ability to prepare reports and other written communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with individual members
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically word and excel
- Attention to detail
- A strong team player
- Previous Club (P&I) experience would be desirable or previous experience of working on claims in the maritime industry
- Additional language skills would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel (nationally and internationally)
This role will involve handling and resolving complex claims in a commercial environment and offers the opportunity for a longer term position of responsibility. The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with our international members, including international travel, is vital to this role as is the delivery of high quality service.
Why The Standard Club?
Following the decision for the Standard Club to bring it’s management in-house, we have an ambitious strategy to realise supported by our vision to be the P&I Club of choice and so this is an exciting time to join the Team.
Values and what to expect from us
Our culture is hugely important to us. We provide excellent service to members, build long-lasting relationships built on trust and understanding, and treat our colleagues in the same way. It doesn’t matter who you are what you do, we all demonstrate and act as a role models in relation to our cultural values.
- The opportunity to enhance the Claims team and to help deliver our goals
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career
- An open and flexible team environment
To apply for this position, please submit your Resume to: SCRecruitment@standardclub.com