Employment Opportunity – The Standard Club
October 7, 2021
Administration and Claims Assistant – the Standard Club
The Standard Club Ltd is a specialist marine and energy insurer and a member of the International Group of Protection and Indemnity clubs, owned by its shipowner members and controlled by a board of directors drawn from its membership. We have offices in London, Dublin, Greece, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York, Bermuda and Tokyo.
We provide liability insurance for around 9% of world shipping, with premium income of $288m and assets of $1.3bn. Founded in 1884, we are one of the world’s leading mutual Protection and Indemnity insurers by tonnage and membership.
Following the decision for the Standard Club to bring it’s management in-house, we have an ambitious strategy to realise supported by our vision to be the P&I Club of choice. We will continue to be a significant customer of Charles Taylor and the two organisations will have a close and ongoing partnership.
We have an interesting opportunity for an Admin/Claims Assistant to join our New York team, undertaking routine claims handling, assisting the claims team with administration tasks and general office management.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include a mix of responsibilities to include but not limited to:-
- Undertaking routine claims handling, including personal injury matters, cargo claims, pre-load steel surveys, property damage claims, small collisions, small pollution claims.
- Verifying that the risk/claim is covered under the Member’s entry with the Club.
- Setting up, monitoring and maintaining accurate claims files.
- Estimating P&I claims promptly and in accordance with the Procedures.
- Ensuring that Members are kept adequately informed at all stages of a
- Assisting in handling high profile cases.
- Carrying out research.
- Providing overall administrative support and perform office administration
- Organising files and save correspondence and documents appropriately in accordance with the Procedures.
You will have…
- A keen interest in shipping and/or marine industry
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Excellent organisation, administration and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically word and excel
- Attention to detail
- A strong team player
Values and what to expect from us
Our culture is hugely important to us. We provide excellent service to members, build long-lasting relationships built on trust and understanding, and treat our colleagues in the same way. It doesn’t matter who you are what you do, we all demonstrate and act as a role models in relation to our cultural values.
- The opportunity to enhance the Claims team and to help deliver our goals
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career
- An open and flexible team environment
To apply for this position, please submit your Resume to: SCRecruitment@standardclub.com