Employment Opportunity – Skuld
August 9, 2022
Office Manager – Skuld New York
We are looking for a new office manager and the successful candidate will form part of our dynamic team of professionals in Skuld New York.
The right candidate will be part of a world leading marine and energy insurance provider where service and competence is key. At Skuld, we believe in teamwork, sharing knowledge and supporting our customers. Serving the maritime community can be challenging, but also very rewarding. Our purpose statement ‘Protecting ocean industries’ underlines our role in society and our commitment to customers, ocean industries worldwide and sustainable development.
This position is covering a broad variety of responsibilities in the Skuld New York office. You will have a central role as receptionist, office manager, bookkeeper, and the responsibility for administrative tasks.
- Provide administrative support to our claims handlers in New York and colleagues abroad
- Keeping our office presentative and well-organized
- Day to day accounting, payroll and preparation of monthly financial reports to the head office
- Assist on medical reimbursement claims
- Provide internal support and guidance on our benefit plans (Health, Dental, 401k)
- Assist in planning and organizing events, seminars, meetings and office gatherings
- Order office supplies and equipment, food, gifts etc.
- Provide IT trouble shooting support to our New York office and serving as liaison to our corporate IT department
- Ad hoc tasks
To thrive in this position, you will face challenges with a positive mindset and dedication. You are professional, structured, service minded and proud to be a good Skuld ambassador.
Your qualifications include:
- Relevant work experience in accounting and as an office manager or from a business support role
- Ability to handle a diverse workload in an efficient and organized manner
- Ability to work independently and provide service to the organization both in the reception, social areas and in connection with administrative work
- Sophisticated familiarity with Microsoft office tools, and ability to learn new IT systems quickly
In Skuld you will be close to the business, have hands on responsibilities and excellent potential for both personal and professional development. We focus on service and quality in everything we do and constantly develop our business to meet the future needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, and the superyacht community.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, a social workplace and inspiring leaders in a team-oriented organization of 300 highly skilled and engaged employees worldwide. We are proud to have a high focus on a sound work-life balance, empowerment, flexibility and trust.
Are you ready to join the Skuld team? We look forward to hearing from you.
Aase Naaman Jensen
Senior Vice President, Head of Skuld New York