Employment Opportunity – SGS – Sales Representative – Global Marine
October 21, 2020
Sales Representative – Global Marine
- 5500 Business Dr, Wilmington, NC 28405, USA
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Make an impact with SGS! Our Sales team makes a difference in the lives of our customers, colleagues, and community. SGS works to ensure the health and safety of our environment and community as a key partner ensuring we all live in a safe, healthy environment, helping clients minimize their impact on the environment ensuring compliance with many regulations on land and at sea.
Our team’s goal is to provide above and beyond client service along with industry leading technical expertise, and our Sales & Business Development team is an important part of that objective. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity in a work environment with a team who is constantly looking for ways to exceed the needs of our clients, then this could be the role for you.
We’re looking for a motivated and energetic individual with expertise in business development and client service and a passion for working in mainly the maritime environmental compliance sector.
This position is responsible for the sale of environmental analytical services to existing and prospected customers, as well as securing business opportunities to meet revenue targets.
Applying the sales process, the successful candidate will generate revenue for SGS environmental team.
A day in the life of an SGS Sales Representative
- Identify business leads with existing and potential customers through continuous interaction across the Environmental community.
- Proactively seek out, intelligently target and initiate contact with prospective customers to assess potential leads.
- Develop a network of industry contacts and continually qualify market conditions.
- Through active probing and listening, conduct discovery sessions with qualified leads to identify client needs and determine potential opportunities for the full scope of offerings.
- Assess client needs against capabilities of SGS.
- Work closely with prospects to develop a value proposition and determine how SGS services will help them achieve their goals.
- Influence and promote the expansion or establishment of business opportunities through partnering relationships with potential customers and coordinated efforts with other SGS business lines able to serve Marine sector.
- Secure closure on all proposals to new and existing clients and effectively hand over the contract to the Client Services Team.
- Communicate sales process activities reports to update businesses internally. Use Client Relationship Manager (CRM) with agreed upon KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Provide market intelligence to the Business Development Manager and Operations Manager to assist in developing sales materials, plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Present and represent SGS at tradeshows and technical seminars to build SGS brand awareness and broaden the market and client base.
- Act as the customer’s advocate in interactions with the SGS organization to ensure the customer obtains the best value from the SGS offerings.
- Set appropriate customer expectations on SGS product and service offerings.
- Represent SGS professionally and ethically in the marketplace. Continually develop personal selling skills, acquire industry knowledge, broaden expertise in environmental service offerings and apply them.
- Reports to the Sales Manager for Americas and Key Global Clients, Environment, Health and Safety.
- 3 years’ experience in the Environmental Industry with a maritime background required.
- Degree, diploma, or Military service in a relevant field is preferred; Chemistry/Biology, Environmental science, 2nd AE or higher USCG license
- Technical sales, project management, or customer service experience is required for success in this role
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication (oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and via email to build strong customer relationships as well as work effectively and collaborate internally
- Excellent time management skills are essential
- Solid critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to SGS Operational Integrity policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions by participating in and enhancing the SGS culture of safety to attend safety meetings, complete required training, intervening in case of unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and fully complying with laws, regulations, internal, and customer requirements for health and safety
- Must be able to obtain TWIC (Transportation workers identification card)
- Must be willing to travel domestically and globally (up to 50% of time)
- Must be willing to get underway on vessels
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.