Employment Opportunity – Hudson Marine
April 21, 2023
Vessel Compliance Specialist
About the job
Hudson Marine Management Services (HMMS) is seeking a task-oriented, initiative-driven candidate with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills to join our team as a Vessel Compliance Specialist.
This is a maritime shoreside position.
You must have current legal authorization to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
As a Vessel Compliance Specialist, you will work with team members and clients to:
- Provide administrative support to HMMS day-to-day operations
- Perform oil spill response management duties
- Support client vessels’ day-to-day operations in U.S. waters and worldwide trade
- Perform regulatory required filings
- Liaise with vessel Captains and client points of contact as well as Federal, State, and local officials to support vessel operations and compliance with regulations
- Attend client vessels in the United States to support port state control inspections
- Participate in after-hours duty rotation.
- Knowledge or experience in maritime industry / United States Coast Guard preferred
- Minimum high school diploma
- Oil spill response experience preferred
- Candidates with undergraduate or advanced degree preferred
- Training or certifications relevant to the maritime sector preferred
- Functional knowledge of maritime industry standards and best practices
- Functional knowledge of various regulatory regime frameworks and models, such as CWA, OPA’90, ICS, USCG, EPA VGP, OSHA, Ballast Compliance, ACE/AMS, eNOA, ECA, MARPOL, Annex I-VI, AK/CA/WA State requirements, and IMO
- Available to work flex schedule, which includes after-hours/weekend duty.
- Current legal authorization to work in the United States
Please apply through LinkedIn or e-mail resume with cover letter (including salary requirements) to email@example.com