Employment Opportunity – Ecochlor
August 23, 2021
Ecochlor was founded in 2001 to provide simple, reliable, cost effective and easy to use ballast water management systems (BWMSs) that can stand up to the most stringent regulations in the world.
This year marks Ecochlor’s 20th year in the BWMS marketplace. We aren’t in this business for the short-term, our focus is to continue to offer shipowners systems that keep their vessels compliant both now and in the future.
Through improved efficiency of our manufacturing processes and an expanded line of products and services, we have made significantadvances as a company. Our collaboration with other innovative maritime environmental technology providers has made Ecochlor a “Green Marine” solutions company, providing more than just ballast water management systems for our customers.
Ecochlor is currently looking to fill another Service Engineer position.
||North Haven CT USA. With Domestic and Overseas Travel
||Global Service Manager
|2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Focus of the position will be to provide after sales service field service via vessel attendance and remote troubleshooting. Duties will include but not limited to: ?
- Troubleshooting, Repair and technical service for installed equipment.
- Chemical resupply support.
- Responding to customer correspondence on technical issues.
- Detailed reporting on jobs and clear communications with co-workers.
- Tracking and supporting a fleet of systems as a part of Ecochlor Vessel Delegate program.
- Ecochlor Customer Training
- Any other reasonable tasks as and when assigned by management.
|3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
|Technical / Professional:
- College degree or equivalent related experience.
- At least 5 years of related working experience, preferably with field service and/or technical areas.
- Working experience in Marine industry is preferred.
- Proficient on LV electrical installations, PLC Programming Logic and control systems and troubleshooting of such systems.
- Mechanical experience on piping systems and the ability to read and understand P&ID, general arrangement, and electrical drawings.
- Excellent Health and Safety Awareness
- Experience in working with Chemicals an advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Excel and spread sheet work
- Experience in ERP or other database style systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently.
- Proactive, multi-tasked, quick hand and willing to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Analytical, planning, execution and problem-solving skills.
- Suitable data processing and excellent document control skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team player with positive attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility and ability to travel frequently sometimes at short notice