Employment Opportunity – Crowley Maritime – Vice President, Insurance Risk Management
August 13, 2019
Vice President, Insurance Risk Management
Crowley is a privately owned marine, transportation and logistics company providing worldwide solutions since 1892. We have over 6,000 high-performing team members in 34 countries and Caribbean territories, who are diverse, encouraged and deliver on their commitments. We are Crowley, the people who know.
The Crowley Way
We believe in and celebrate the power of collaboration between people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who share their differences and are driven to achieve business and personal goals. We support the development of our high performers and are committed to guiding them every step of the way.
What does this role look like?
You will be responsible for overall strategy, direction, and management of the Company’s global insurance program, captive insurance company, and Risk Management organization to ensure that the Company is protected from the risk of doing business.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Directing the structuring, negotiation, purchasing, and management of over 100 insurance policies annually, while having a high level of technical expertise in marine and trucking risks.
- Overseeing the management of claims and loss control activities and allocation of insurance-related costs.
- Acting as primary relationship manager with internal customers and third-party service providers, including brokers, insurers, and other TPAs.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring processes to identify operational and contractual risk and provide insurance-based and alternative risk solutions to Crowley’s business units.
- Understanding new insurance products, market conditions, and financial strength of insurers.
- Advising senior management on emerging exposures and offering solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Preparing loss analyses and budgets, identifying exposures, recommending solutions, implementing approved programs, and working with the company’s operations and safety teams to promote loss prevention.
- Ensuring that the cost of risk identified is budgeted and forecasted in compliance with financial reporting policies.
- Overseeing management of and expansion opportunities for captive.
- Responsible for annual insurance premiums of approximately $15.5M, insurance program retained claims of $9.0M, operating company deductible retention of $8-$9m, approximately 5,000 employees, assets insured for approximately $3.1 billion, annual operating revenue of $800.0M to $1.0B, department administrative cost of $4M, and approximately 30 Risk Management personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in finance or business or equivalent experience.
10 or more years in risk management and insurance required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
A combination of Marine and Trucking Insurance experience
Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), or Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation
Experience presenting to Sr Level Executives and related stakeholders
What an average day looks like:
You possess exceptional leadership and communication skills, are able to build and maintain a network of internal and external alliances, and possess a broad-based operational perspective and deep industry knowledge.
You have a strategic mindset with proven negotiating and management skills.
You demonstrate proven experience developing, improving and streamlining processes to meet established goals and objectives.
You effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
Apply if you are qualified and these competencies describe you:
Demonstrates self-awareness (our culture thrives on positive intent, which applies to receiving/giving feedback).
Action-oriented (you figure things out and execute).
Manage ambiguity (things change so we want to know you can adapt).
Collaborates (you know five heads are better than one).
Nimble learning (you’re knowledgeable of a lot of subjects and are not afraid to share and seek new skills and insight).
What else is in it for you?
Our people enjoy some amazing perks; check out a few below:Employee resource groups – These dynamic committees are driven by you and your peers and are designed for networking, engaging and growing your interests. We welcome new groups all the time!
Personal development – We believe that personal development is key to a high-performance organization and encourage our employees to own their own growth. We offer a variety of training classes and resources for employee and team development and promote a culture of learning.
Awesome people – Your colleagues will challenge you to be your best every single day and acknowledge your efforts. Plus, our people know how to have fun. (Search #OneCrowley for a sneak peek.)
If this position doesn’t sound like a fit for you, check out our other openings. www.crowley.com/careers
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer. For affirmative action purposes and to assist in our compliance with federal government record keeping, we would request that you complete a voluntary self-identification
information form. All information provided will be kept confidential and separate from your application data.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
Extended use of a computer keyboard, viewing of a computer monitor and the ability to sit for long periods of time.
The position is Exempt; Requires ability to work long hours to meet required deadlines Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health.
Work Locations:USA-FL-JACKSONVILLE-REGENCY | 9487 Regency Square Blvd. N. |Jacksonville32225
Organization:Crowley USD BU
Job Level:Day Job