Employment Opportunity – Claims Executive / Maritime Attorney – Skuld North America
May 10, 2021
Claims Executive / Maritime Attorney – Skuld North America
We are seeking a maritime attorney for a permanent Claims Executive position in our New York City office.
Skuld North America is the wholly owned US subsidiary of Assuranceforeningen Skuld, a global leader in marine insurance with headquarters in Oslo, Norway. Skuld provides a wide range of insurance products and services to shipowners, charterers and traders, the offshore energy industry and superyachts with a strong focus on service, quality and sustainable development.
Read more about Skuld on www.skuld.com
As a Claims Executive in Skuld you will:
• Handle a wide variety of maritime claims including cargo, charterparties and maritime torts and casualties
• Provide US legal and regulatory advice to international clients and colleagues in other Skuld offices around the world
• Conduct legal research and analysis and work with outside counsel in arbitrations, mediations, and trials
• Work with Skuld’s loss prevention specialists in promoting safety of life at sea and a sustainable, pollution-free marine environment
• Build strong relations with clients and brokers
• Contribute to a friendly and open work environment
• Actively participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings, and events.
Who are you?
To feel at home with the Skuld culture you must be willing to embody our core values; Accurate, Bold, Caring and Dedicated. You face challenges with a positive mindset and dedication to your responsibilities. Your workstyle is professional and service-minded with an ability to work independently. At the same time, you enjoy working in teams, sharing knowledge and are proud to be a good Skuld ambassador.
Your qualifications and skills include:
• J.D. or LL.M from a US law school
• admission to practice in New York or other US state
• 3+ years of relevant experience from practicing maritime law in a law firm, P&I Club, shipping company, or US Coast Guard, Navy or US government agency
• strong writing, analytical and interpersonal skills
• ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
• ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• fluency in Spanish or seagoing experience is desirable but not required
Are you ready to join the Skuld team? Please visit our career site for more information and to apply:
Aase Naaman Jensen
Senior Vice President, Head of Skuld New York