Employment Opportunity – Cargill
April 30, 2023
Title: Trade Execution Specialist
Location: Coral Gables, Florida, United States, 33134
Category: TRADE EXECUTION
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Trade Execution Specialist is the focal point on trade execution related activities that enable the trading team to achieve their PNL & customer goals. In this role, you will partner with commercial, operation and finance teams, to manage position maintenance, vessel nomination process, cash book preparation and maintenance, as well as various reporting and ad-hoc request which arise on a regular basis.
- Lead trade capture, trade entry, amendments of contractual data and valuations parameters.
- Manage nominations process, liaising & coordinating with traders, customers and ops within deadlines.
- Manage desk positions through daily reconciliation and capture intra-day activity.
- Ensure trading cashbooks reflects latest agreed terms for open cargoes and vessels.
- Capture and report market indicators used for dashboard.
- Collate data and create the balanced scorecard document on a monthly basis.
- Support ad hoc requests to collaborate with global teams to rectify issues.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Shipping contracts knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience in a trading or/and shipping environment.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Experience in Maritime industry.
- Familiar with basic financial concepts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and problem-solving approach.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Good team player and ability to work under pressure.
- Location: Coral Gables, Florida.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.