Employment Opportunity – Blue Water Shipping Company
June 1, 2022
Job Title: Operations Assistant / Office Manager
Status: Full-Time Employment
Company: Blue Water Shipping
Posting Date: May 2022
Locations: Houston, TX
Blue Water Shipping is seeking to fill an open position for an Operations Assistant / Office
Manage a four team member office. Efficiently and effectively assist the operations team with the administrative tasks of port calls.
Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- College degree preferred.
- 1+ years maritime experience preferred. Agency experience strongly preferred.
- 1+ years office administration experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and excel in a fast pace and often rapidly changing environment.
- Generally comfortable with technology and demonstrated proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications.
- Agency Assistance
- Manifest preparation & submission
- ENOA/D Data entry
- PDA assistance
- Communication assistance
- Data management
- Answering the phone / Greeting visitors
- Office inventory management including, office supplies, copy machines, marketing materials, and kitchen supplies
- Courier/mail oversite
- Checkbook management
- Office event coordination
Founded in 1979, Blue Water Shipping Company quickly evolved into one of the leading agencies in the United States. Our mission has remained unchanged – to provide the finest agency services available with dedicated conscientious professionals, providing rapid and concise communications, utilizing state of the art technology, with unending dedication to our customers.
Applications: Interested and qualified individuals may submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.