Employment Opportunity – Allianz Global Corporate Specialty
December 16, 2021
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a leading global corporate insurance carrier and a key business unit of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, Property-Casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business.
Our customers are as diverse as business can be, ranging from Fortune Global 500 companies to small businesses, and private individuals. Among them are not only the world’s largest consumer brands, tech companies and the global aviation and shipping industry, but also wineries, satellite operators or Hollywood film productions. They all look to AGCS for smart answers to their largest and most complex risks in a dynamic, multinational business environment and trust us to deliver an outstanding claims experience.
Worldwide, AGCS operates with its own teams in 32 countries and through the Allianz Group network and partners in over 200 countries and territories, employing over 4,300 people. As one of the largest Property-Casualty units of Allianz Group, we are backed by strong and stable financial ratings. In 2019, AGCS generated a total of €9.1 billion gross premium globally.
Job Level: Professional
Location: Remote, IL, US, 60606
Due Date: As soon as possible
Area of Expertise: Risk Management
Unit: Allianz Global Corporate Specialty
Job Type: Full-Time
Remote Job: Home office
Employment Type: Permanent
Recruiting Contact: Jennifer Balades @ Jennifer.Balades@agcs.allianz.com
Provide Marine Risk Control services in the North America region to support the AGCS Marine Insurance, Marine & Ocean Cargo, Project cargo and related Marine lines of business to achieve their business targets. This primarily done by providing risk evaluation, loss control inspections and risk improvement.
Provide technical support and training to achieve strategic targets and assist underwriters is obtaining new accounts and retaining existing accounts to achieve growth & profit targets.
- Provide risk control reviews and assessment for Ocean cargo surveys as well as Motor Control Cargo, security and logistics. Coordinate & manage third party experts and outside marine surveyors to provide risk control services for Marine accounts worldwide. Provide desk top reviews for Ocean Cargo, and / or prospect accounts that have been submitted to underwriting for evaluation and possible quotation.
- Provide sprinkler analysis assessment in Warehouses; knowledge of Stock Throughput required. Provide assessments in the Transportation and Logistics arena in accordance with Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA). Provides technical expertise and proactive risk management solutions across, Ocean Cargo, and related Hull and Marine Liabilities. Provide Supply Chain consultancy and fleet safety advice to insureds, as well as terminals and rolling stock loss control practices.
- Personally conduct loss control inspections for Marine Products: Transportation Logistics and Ocean Cargo risks. Coordinate loss control activities with marine accounts to provide risk evaluation, risk improvement and value added consulting services to the insured.
- Survey client operations obtain appropriate data, identify hazards, discuss findings with appropriate parties. Generate loss control reports, recommendations etc.
- Conduct periodic trend analysis of loss data for select Cargo and Hull Marine Liability accounts, to identify any trends or areas for improvement and/or possible corrective action.
- Provide assistance to Marine Claims for loss investigations and efforts to mitigate the loss on Marine and Ocean Cargo claims. Review Large Loss Reports for Ocean Marine claims for possible comment and potential loss control issues to be addressed.
- BS degree, preferable from a maritime academy, or equivalent engineering BS degree, or comparable industry experience.
- At least 5-10 years of Marine surveying and/or related maritime industry experience with Ocean Cargo risks.
- Prior Ocean Marine Surveying or Marine Loss Control management experience is preferred.
- Transportation Logistics at least 5 years. Previous maritime experience of at least 5 years in maritime industry as navigational officer on board ships.
- Master Mariner ocean going ships preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of cargo load, stow & securing experience required. Should be proficient with Cargo Securing Code – Annex 13 computations, and capable of handling heavy lift projects.
- Familiar with industry best practices, such as TAPA Freight Security Requirements (FSR) & Truck Security Requirements (TSR) for transportation security and warehouse security for the theft attractive cargo would be a plus, but not required.
- Assist AGCS Marine underwriters in presentations to potential new Marine accounts, as well as for accounts renewals, by promoting the benefits of our Marine Risk Consulting expertise and service.
- Produce internal Loss Control Bulletins, which can be used for internal training or for the benefit of outside customers by discussing technical topics of interests or lessons learned from losses.
For more information, visit www.agcs.allianz.com or follow us on Twitter @AGCS_Insurance and LinkedIn.