WISTA USA – Florida – Sea Turtle Release NSU
July 25, 2019
We are excited to do this again. Last year we raised over $1000 for the hatchling program.
Our hatchling release consists of two parts:
- the educational component at the NSU Oceanographic Center
- the release component in Hollywood North Beach Park.
Get on the List: By contacting Anna Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximum attendees: 50 people tops
Bring: $20 per person (WISTA members first)
- 8:00 PM at the Oceanographic Center.
o 45-minute presentation and a hatchling viewing,
- 9:00 PM caravan down to the Green St. parking lot in Hollywood North Beach Park.
o From there, we will walk out to the beach for the release!
o Due to permit regulations, this portion begins no earlier than 9:00 PM.
If guests would like to take pictures, this can be done immediately after the presentation. However, flash photography is prohibited, as it is unsafe for hatchlings. This is the only opportunity for pictures. Once we reach the beach, pictures or lighting of any kind is not allowed.
- 8000 N Ocean Dr. Dania Beach, FL 33004
- When you get to the entrance gate of Mizell-Johnson State Park,
- let the guard know that you are going to NSU for a sea turtle hatchling release
- The campus is near the very end of the park.
- Park in the big lot and head into the Guy Harvey Oceanographic Center (big building).
- Head to the elevator and proceed to the 3rd Floor Auditorium by 8:00 P. M