WISTA USA FL – 1.6 Movement Challenge and Fundraiser
April 17, 2021 to April 25, 2021
The WISTA Florida Chapter is excited to announce the “1.6 Movement Challenge and Fundraiser” – a friendly competition with our sister Chapter WISTA NYNJ!
To celebrate seafarers, who keep global trade, goods and materials moving, we are challenging you to a “1.6 for Seafarers” movement challenge in honor of the 1.6 million seafarers around the world! Your support will help provide care and comfort to seafarers by raising funds for Seafarers’ House. All are invited to join in the fun & make a difference!
How to Spring Into Movement for Seafarers!
- Register for the Challenge and support Seafarers’ Househere. Registration is $16 and all proceeds support Seafarers’ House.
- Look for an email with your official Movement Challenge bib, and print the bib out to wear when you take the challenge!
- Move 1.6 any way you choose wherever you can and when you can between April 17 and April 25. This is a virtual event so you can participate virtually anywhere!
- You can choose to move in so many different ways! How will you participate?
- Walk/Run/Paddleboard 1.6 miles
- Do 1.6 hours of yoga
- Swim 1600 meters
- Play 1.6 hours of tennis or basketball
- Practice your drive by hitting 16 golf balls
- Do 16 burpees, pullups or pushups
- Or do something that works for you!
Challenge your officemates, team, gym, family or yourself to get moving in support of the 1.6 seafarers who move the world. Let’s send a strong message of support to the men and women who make this world move!
The Chapter with the highest percentage of membership participation wins!
LET’S GET MOVING!!!!