Panama: Becoming the Americas’ Leading Maritime Hub
August 27, 2020
Manzanillo International Terminal, Maersk, Transshipping Agents, WISTA Panama, and Mare Forum invite you to participate in a lively online panel discussion about Panama expanding its role as the leading maritime hub in the Americas.
Our panelists will debate for 1.5 hours on this topic and will answer questions from the audience participating from all corners of the world. This truly international event is a staple in the maritime calendar and will be broadly discussed.
Register now for a complimentary seat provided by our supporters for this event.
- How will Panama look like in the next 20 years?
- Which will be the future plans to develop, maintain and grow not only the maritime industry but the logistic sector as well?
- The Big Picture Geopolitics – risks and rewards – Panama the Canal, the maritime hub, the world destinations and global trade.
- Patterns trends: ships, ports and trade
- What is Panama’s new government vision to attract foreign investors and to retain the current investors who have trusted the free trade zone systems, vessel registration system, and the use of the Panama Canal to transit?
- Fuels and Decarbonisation: Scrubbers or fuels or slow steaming – still a dilemma?
- Is Panama ready to be a hub fuel supplier?
- What are the Competencies, Capabilities and Infrastructures to prepare for the new challenges and future growth.
- The Technology Revolution and Shipping – Can the Maritime Industry adapt?
- How ports can help transform the Supply Chain into a hub of digital collaboration and innovation?
- Skill sets required for the maritime workforce