Welcome To WISTA The Netherlands
Formed in 1974, the Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA International) is a global organisation connecting female executives and decision-makers around the world. WISTA International serves as a connector for its network of more than 4,000 female professionals from all sectors of the maritime industry.
More than 50 countries support a National WISTA Association (NWA), each of which in turn is a member of and is guided by WISTA International. NWAs provide in-country and regional networking, business and skill-building opportunities, corporate visibility, and also facilitate relationships within the industry.
On a global scale, WISTA members have access to an incredibly diverse network of executives in the shipping and trading field on whom they can call for referrals, connections, advice or business collaborations.
WISTA the Netherlands
WISTA the Netherlands was established in 2000 and currently has 190 members whom are working at management level in the Dutch maritime industry. WISTA wants to inspire, energize, motivate, and educate women in the maritime industry, to increase their competence and empower them in their careers. WISTA also wants to be a diverse network where all maritime disciplines and age categories are represented.
WISTA’s ambitions consist of attracting more women to the maritime industry, supporting women in management positions, and making the maritime industry an attractive career option for young driven people.
To realize these ambitions WISTA organizes workshops, company visits, presentations of professional speakers, an annual general meeting and international conference, networking events and other social gatherings. WISTA also facilitates discussions with other industries and young professionals.
WISTA the Netherlands membership
It is encouraging and motivating to meet other women with a similar professional background and with an understanding of the issues that are encountered building a maritime career. Our members represent a broad range of the maritime industry, but we are always on the look-out for new members that can contribute and be of additional value to our network.
WISTA membership brings you:
- Broad and diverse network of women from the entire maritime industry (shipping, shipbuilding, offshore, marine contracting, ports, navy, maritime equipment suppliers, and maritime service providers; lawyers, financiers, insurers, accountants and brokers)
- International contacts in the maritime industry
- Company visits, workshops, presentations and social gatherings
- Platform for career opportunities
- Monthly international newletter
- The WISTA Website with contact information of the members and market information
- International Conference where 300-400 members learn and exchange experiences for 3 days on new challenges the maritime industry is facing and topics as innovation, financing, sustainability, safety etc.
The costs of an annual membership are €200, click here to register directly. Every request for membership will be assessed by the ballotting commitee. Once approved by this committee you will be eligible for membership. Sending in this form means that you agree with membership and the membership fee.
We challenge you to join us!