Welcome To WISTA South Africa
WISTA South Africa was reformed in 2019 and brings together women in the sector working at a management level in the maritime, shipping, trading, logistics and related industries from the Public, Private and Non-Governmental Organisation (“NGO”) sectors.
WISTA South Africa hopes to create value for members and other stakeholders through various initiatives and focus areas:
- Promoting and facilitating contacts and exchanges of experience between its members.
- Promoting mentorship of junior maritime industry participants.
- Promoting gender diversity in the workplace and supporting leadership development of both women and men.
- Promoting the continuing education and networking opportunities of its members.
- Positioning as a centre of exchange of information on inclusivity in the workplace.
- Engaging with other professional bodies and representing WISTA South Africa at industry and national engagements.
WISTA South Africa is led by Clare Gomes, Strategic Planning & Communications Executive at African Marine Solutions Group (AMSOL). Ms. Gomes is joined on the leadership team by: Cape Town Representative Eva Moloi, BBBEE Transformation &ESD Manager, Damen Shipyards Cape Town; General Secretary Mandy McGuire, Training Manager, Futuro Group; Treasurer Sheena Dias, Senior Associate, Webber Wentzel; and Compliance/Public Officer Anneke Wheelan, Partner at Shepstone & Wylie Attorneys.
Initial members include Mpumi Dweba-Kwetana, Port Manager – Port of Cape Town, Transnet National Ports Authority; Colleen Jacka, Editor, Maritime Review Africa; Pumla Makubalo, Strategic Sourcing Executive, AMSOL; Susanne Neubert, Sales Director, Speedcast; Debbie Owen, Head, Lawhill Maritime Centre; Terry Spreeth, SHEQ & Compliance Executive, AMSOL; and Hilde Sturrock, Marketing Manager, Sturrock Grindrod; amongst others.